Fees and Policies
For information on IPOS membership dues, please see the Membership Classifications page.
Membership Dues Refund Policy
If any applicant for membership to the International Psycho-Oncology Society (IPOS) requests a refund for his/her membership fees, such a request must be made in writing to IPOS Headquarters via surface mail, fax or e-mail to:
International Psycho-Oncology Society
154 Hansen Road, Suite 201
Charlottesville, VA 22911 USA
Refund requests will be filled as follows:
- If a person requests to terminate his/her membership prior to his/her payment being processed by IPOS, then IPOS will simply not process the payment for that application. The applicant will forfeit no money.
- If a person requests a refund after payment has been processed but before membership materials have been mailed, that person will receive a refund of 90% of his/her fees. IPOS will retain 10% of the membership fees to offset processing costs to that point.
- If a person requests a refund after membership materials have been mailed, that person will receive a refund of 75% of his/her fees. IPOS will retain 25% of the membership fees to offset processing and postal costs to that point.
- No refunds will be given if a request is made more than 30 days after notification has been made that the membership application has been approved.
- If a company pays membership fees on behalf of an individual, the company will under no circumstances receive a refund unless the individual requests that his or her membership be terminated and a refund issued. Such a request must meet all requirements listed above.