Congratulations to the IPOS 2013 Award Winners!
Maggie Watson PhD— 2013 Arthur M. Sutherland Award
Hanneke de Haes MD—2013 Bernard Fox Memorial Award
Andrea Farkas Patenaude PhD — 2013 Noemi Fisman Award for Lifetime Clinical Excellence
Mariko Asai PhD — 2013 Hiroomi Kawano New Investigator Award
View the list of previous IPOS Award winners
- Only one recipient may receive any Society award at any one time.
- Each award shall have a peer review panel consisting of at least: (a) one previous recipient of the award, (b) one member of the IPOS Board, (c) one non-member external reviewer and (d) one member of the Awards Committee.
- The Society Treasurer shall review, ratify where required and advise on all financial recommendations and requests made by the Awards Committee.
- All award nominations must include a completed and signed nomination form, a letter of nomination from the nominator, two letters of support for the nomination from other individuals to whom the nominee is known, the curriculum vitae or resume of the nominee, and any additional paperwork required by the specific award for which the individual is being nominated.
- Specific criteria for each award are identified below.
Arthur M. Sutherland Award and Memorial Lecture
Bernard Fox Memorial Award
Noemi Fisman Award for Lifetime Clinical Excellence
Hiroomi Kawano New Investigator Award
Society Distinguished Life Fellowship Award
Nominations for 2013 Awards Are Now Closed
Nominators bear responsibility for completing all the paperwork by stated deadlines and for obtaining permission from the nominee to submit their personal curriculum vitae and supporting materials. 2014 award information will be announced at the end of 2013.
The IPOS Awards Committee will be provided with guidance and criteria and appropriate rating scales.
Please note that these awards are offered on an annual basis and are only made where there is strong evidence that the nominee meets the criteria. If no suitable nominations are received for an award, the award will not be given in that year.
See the IPOS Awards Committee Responsibilities and Procedures