We have been monitoring the progression of COVID-19 globally and have considered all aspects and impacts on the 22nd IPOS World Congress. The safety and health of participants are our first priority. Given the circumstances, it has been decided the 22nd World Congress of Psycho-Oncology & Psychosocial Academy will be 100% VIRTUAL. The dates/schedule will remain the same.
What does this mean for you?
- MORE AFFORDABLE! THE Congress pricing is being adjusted to reflect the virtual experience. The fees are being lowered. Plus, you get to avoid any travel/accommodation expenses!
- MORE ACCESSIBLE! WATCH FROM ANYWHERE YOU WANT! Your home, office, park or favorite spot! Get comfortable and participate from wherever you want – you just need to make sure you have strong internet connection.
- MISS NOTHING – WATCH IT ALL! When in person, registrants have to select which sessions to watch – often missing other sessions happening at the same time. Being virtual, all will be recorded and made available. YOU CAN WATCH AND LEARN FROM IT ALL!
- STAY SAFE – No need to worry about being in a large room in close proximity to other attendees.
- CONNECT VIRTUALLY – you will still have the opportunity to connect virtually with participants from around the world!
- Wednesday May 26th 2021: IPOS Academy Workshops
- Thursday May 27th 2021: IPOS 2021 Day1
- Friday May 28th 2021: IPOS 2021 Day2
- Saturday May 29th 2021: IPOS 2021 Day3
- The majority of sessions will be pre-recorded and be released for reviewing by registrants starting on the 26th.
- Several LIVE sessions will be available and be held between the days of May 26th-29th. The agenda will note the date/times of each live session.
- In February/March, details on how to join the LIVE sessions will be included in the program. Be sure to watch for.
Most of the approved workshops will be offered live and virtually. To attend Workshops, you must register for 10,000 JPN. New changes about the workshop program and how to attend will be updated in November-December. Please follow up on the workshop page.
Call for Workshop Proposals from October 22nd to November 5th, 2020
Please read https://ipos2020.com/ipos2021/workshops/ before signing up.
Recorded sessions will be released starting on May 26th and be available for viewing by registrants until August 31, 2021. The secretariat will contact presenters about recording with the guidelines being sent to presenters in January.
- All Oral and Poster sessions will be self-recorded. Recordings are to be submitted to the Congress secretariat from February 1 to March, 31 2021.
- Concurrent sessions (Symposia and Awards) will be mainly pre-recorded.
- Questions from participants will be accepted for one week after the congress (TBC), then answers from presenters will be on the streaming website.
- Plenaries will be LIVE, however sessions may be pre-recorded and only Q&A will be on LIVE. (TBC) Program details will be updated on the IPOS 2021 website in February-March, 2021.
Call for New Abstracts & Edit Approved Abstract by December 1st, 2020
Please see abstract details at https://ipos2020.com/ipos2021/abstracts/
- Congress pricing is being adjusted now that we are going 100% virtual. The new fees are LOWER.
- Individual registration is still required. There is no sharing of registrations.
- The registration form will be closed temporarily for updating from October 21st to 31st.
- Those that are fully paid registrants and registered on or before October 21st will have their registrations held, but will have a refund processed for the difference in the registration fee.
- Registration will reopen with the new pricing on November 1st, 2020.
- Online participation fee per person will be 35,000 JPY for regular and 15,000 JPY for LMIC.
- Once you pay the registration fee, access to view all the sessions will commence once the program is ready - except Workshops as they are purchased separately.
- Post Conference will have the option to purchase access to the Congress recordings starting May 30 to June 30, 2021. Prices are the same as above.
- Please note that only fully paid registrants will be able to access the website from a user page at the registration form.
Questions for Presenters
Questions will be accepted for ONE WEEK (TBC) after the congress. Presenters will select specific questions and respond to them directly on their streaming page. Please note about LIVE sessions that questions after the LIVE streaming will not be accepted.
Workshops are being offered for 10,000JPY. There will be pre-recorded and LIVE workshops depending on organizers. The program will be updated November-December to confirm. Once you pay fully, you can join all the workshops. *Note that ECPP Workshop will be opened for all participants for free.